Going ons

    Saturday, May 30, 2009

    Losing things


    As I was uploading new photos I lost track of what I was doing and ended up digging through old photos. I came across these three photos with stuff I've lost or given up over the past two years. I remember being super depressed losing my duct tape hat because it was a very special gift from one of my friends back in high school. Plus it had duct tape all over it so it was automatically awesome to begin with. My brown hat was also an important gift that was lost to the wind as it blew out of my car last year.

    I've had two long boards stolen since college started but losing them wasn't as depressing as giving away my bamboo board
    as "reassurance" to a later to fail long distance relationship.

    But none of those could ever be as bad as to what happened two semesters ago. After finally buying my own 'vintage' jeans for $160 bucks, the week thereafter I couldn't find it anywhere. Upon asking my mom if she had seen it anywhere she simply replied,

    "Oh, I sent those and your other old pants to your relatives in the Philippines"

    I cried, I had never worn them once and it was the first (and last time) I've ever spent more than $40 on an article of clothing. Serves me right for falling right into Abercrombie & Finch's clutches.

    No comments: