Going ons

    Saturday, February 21, 2009

    日本語勉強して参りました。

    So one of my New Years resolution, along with reading a shitload of manga, is to be fluent in Japanese by the time me and my friends fly out to Tokyo at the end of the year. Despite the 4 years in High school, I have spent no years in College. So what have I been doing to keep the dream alive? By spending every waking hour being Japanese, all the time.

    You know how people go to different countries and come back with a new language? Turns out you don't need to go to another country to be surrounded with culture!


    So I've been pretty much watching Japanese TV, listening to the Japanese Radio station, and, AND! Reading manga...RAW! Two birds with one stone, Fuck yeah! Its pretty cool, at first it starting off as gibberish, then picking up words here or there, and now I'm able to pick phrases out once in a while. Don't ask me to say anything until fall semester though, still in my incubation period >____>

    http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/about
    This site pretty much advocates it, and its been a HUEG help to me. So if you wanna try it out, click the link above.

    Just check out this highly scientific graph.

    3 comments:

    Brittany Itsuno said...

    LMAO, wow, i LOL'd @ the highly scientific graph.
    I need to start doing more Japanese-like stuff too, so I can at least refresh my memory for 102.
    That's pretty pro if you're able to read raw manga though. o.o
    I wish you luck on your fluent Japanese quest.

    Jose Marzan said...

    Not so pro at all, I spend a few minutes per page if it's kanji heavy. But at least I don't have to wait a few days for the translated version anymore. Try it out for Bleach RAWs, you'll get your fix a lot quicker ha ha.

    Billy Wan said...

    Good luck! Ya, reading manga raw is such a good practice for Japanese. :D So lucky tho, going to Japan...